8.02.2010

Success

I did it! I successfully rode my bicycle across Iowa! 433 miles in 7 days. No need for the glucagon injection that I carried with me.  I ate a steady stream of sugar and protein and my blood sugars remained stable with the exception of overnight lows. No sore butt or hamstrings. I am not tired, but full of energy and I would do it all over again. It was rewarding to see my home state in such a different light and so peaceful to spend my days in the sunlight riding through cornfields. More to come later!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! I don't quite ride the distance you speak of, but I ride about 12 miles a day. I know what you mean about lows. My BS can drop 100 points in an hour ride. Congrats! It is my dream to do something similar. It really sounds like fun and in my riding adventures, I have learned you really get a feeling of a town by riding through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how adventurous you are!

    ReplyDelete